On Saturday October 11,2014 the Dutchtown Color Guard will hold its annual garage sale at 39449 Al Dr. in Prairieville from 7am to 12 noon. All profit from this garage sale will help fund the Dutchtown Color Guard. We are accepting donations of unwanted or unused items beginning on Monday October 6th. If you have any items you wish to donate, contact Lisa Carline at email@example.com or Shana Garland at firstname.lastname@example.org .
General Booster Meeting
August 14, 2014
Ms. Bell –
Explained how Remind 101 works. The phone # is 571-389-7207
Codes for each are:
Concert Band (Intermediate Band on schedule) @5da5d4
Symphonic Band (Modenbach) Advanced Band @a2263
Symphonic Winds @c6af04
Percussion Ensemble @697df (since CG also is in Perc. Ens. We will try to set up one just for them)
Instrumental Tech (Bell) @0a722c
Instrumental Tech /Jazz Band (Modenbach) @e9954
8th graders should follow the Intermediate Band code.
Charms will be used to communicate in large group emails. To contact Ms. Bell, email her directly.
Introduced himself to the group. Told the group that band camp and marching band is going well.
Introduced officers and Committee Chairs.
Announced that Julia Hamilton will co-chair concessions with Tammi Aidt.
New logo design for t-shirts and hoodies this year. He had examples to show and order forms will be available
There are open spots for volunteers at the Marching Festival. Sign up on Charms.
Need to fill spots for Concert, Maintenance and Jazz Brunch/Silent Auction.
Ms. Bell -
Even though kids say they do not want you there, they really do. Please volunteer. They want parents involved.
Marching Festival is October 25th, mark it down.
We have a planned concession clean out day set as Saturday August 23rd.
A new popcorn machine was purchased.
Introduced Daniel Modenbach as the new Assistant Band Director. He was Dutchtown’s 1st Drum Major.
Trip – Chicago IL
- Principal has approved. We are waiting on approval from the school board.
- Events would include (as of now) Wrigley Field tour, ComedySportz show, and performance by the Chicago Symphonic Orchestra, Chicago Sky Deck, Performance at Dixie Classic Festival, and a tour of the Field Museum.
- Cost will depend on the number of students attending, how many buses are needed, the cost of a 4 night stay and cost to get into each event. Not all meals will be paid for, that would be an additional cost.
- We will have fundraisers to deter some of the cost, but saving a little each month, till then, is helpful.
- We will give out a paper to sign stating that the deposit is non refundable once booked
- Chaperones pay same amount as students.
- Questions about parents and siblings wanting to attend will be addressed at a later date.
Party for the kids after the Pre season performance:
- Boosters will provide hamburgers and hot dogs.
- Flutes / Clarinets – Desserts
- Saxes / Trumpets – 2 liter drinks
- Mello’s / Low Brass – Chips and dips
- Battery Percussion – Paper plates
- Front Ensemble – Utensils
- Color Guard – Napkins
All students must help clean up. At 11pm all must be out of the gym and on their way home.
Jamboree is in 2 weeks. Although not required, all available must attend. It begins at 6pm. Students must wear khaki shorts and band shirts.
www.charmsoffice.com enter “dutchtownhsband” enter child’s last name with the 1st initial of the first name.
Concession pre orders are on Charms and are due the Wednesday before a football game.
We met a week ago with Officers and Committee Chairs and a decision was made to improve communications with the purchase of two sets of 2 way radios. Two sets include 12 radios for a purchase price of $200.
Explained the approved budget. Asked if there were any questions, there were none. She told the group she would be available after the meeting to discuss any concerns. Motion to approve the budget is made, 2nd is made and budget passes with no questions or additional discussion.
Minutes, once approved, will be posted on the DT website. A sign in sheet will be attached withthe minutes as official part of the record but will not be posted.
Admin. Asst. –
Charms login with child’s last name and first initial.
Please update your information.
If you have an apsb.org email, it is not going through, please enter in an alternate email.
Do not send in any money for the trip yet, it has not been approved by the school board.
Band Fees will have to be paid before any money can go towards a trip. Deposits will be accepted. Other than deposits, any money received will have to be credited to band fees first.
Service hour credit is a minimum of 20 hours per student at a revenue generating activity. Concessions and Spirit Sales counts as revenue generating, Chaperones and equipment movers do not. Once earned, the credit will be $75 for the following school year. This is not available to 8th grade alternates or to Color Guard. All volunteer spots for Marching Festival will count toward service hours. Everyone must sign in and out to get credit. Anyone can volunteer for a student, but they must list the students name next to their name in order for the hours to count toward that child.
Trustee (Patrick) –
Sign up on Charms for volunteer spots. Shifts listed (1st, 2nd, and 3rd ) times have not been determined yet. We won’t know times till about 2-3 weeks prior to festival.
Nothing to add at this time
Color Guard has been practicing since the team was named in April of the last school year. They have met throughout the summer and everyday after school. They are currently working on 2 fundraisers, a Garage Sale and a Cookbook. Details will be sent to add on the DT Sound website.
Festival (Tim) –
Explained how festival moves equipment from the field to busses. He is in need of 4-wheelers, trailers, golf carts or anything to move equipment.
Need chaperones at games. Sign up on Charms
In need of a chair
Providing food for party after pre season performance. Will need volunteers for that.
Jamboree will have limited concessions. Spending money on the visitor’s side is money toward the band. Please visit the visitor side concessions. Will need volunteers for the jamboree.
Need ideas for fundraising. Rose agreed to help co-chair.
Hal will send out an email about the sheet sale next week. They are $40 a set, any size. Look for his email
Needs anyone who can sew hems and buttons to let her know. Will also need help matching pants to jackets. Will also need help transporting uniforms to the cleaners and back to storage after marching season.
Please sign up on Charms
Spirit Sales -
Shirts will be available
Motion to adjourn
2nd is given
Meeting is adjourned.
Our organization is creating a custom cookbook featuring favorite recipes from our members. These cookbooks will be professionally published and are sure to be a treasured keepsake for us all. Money raised will go to the Dutchtown High School Color Guard.
Please submit your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our cookbook. Many recipes from all members will ensure that our cookbook is a success. We are using Morris Press Cookbook’s website to easily submit recipes online.
We anticipate a great demand for our cookbooks, and we want to be certain to order enough. Cookbooks will be a pre-sell item at a cost of $10 a book. Any extra books ordered will be sold at a slightly higher price. Please order enough cookbooks to take advantage of the lower price.
In order to meet our deadline, please submit your recipes by September 30, 2014. We are anticipating having the completed books by late November to take advantage of the Christmas season.
To Submit Recipes Online:
- Go to www.typensave.com and click “Login”
- Enter the User Name: griffincg
- Enter the password: dishes689 and click “Submit”
- Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes
Recipe Writing Tips:
- When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions
- Include container sizes, e.g. (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are not allowed unless a “Recipe Note” field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field.
Contact Lisa Carline with any questions.
Parents & Students,
The Sound Board will be selling three apparel items this fall. The items for sale will be a redesigned Dutchtown Sound hoodie, a booster club shirt that has Sound Board surrounding the band logo, and a new t-shirt design for the Dutchtown Sound Moving Company (aka band equipment movers). Pre-orders will be taken throughout Prep Week. The band and booster club apparel order form is available at the link below.
Band and Booster Club Apparel Order Form.
Sound Board – President
1. Say Cheese
3. Still Life
Composer(s) / Arranger(s):
Steve Martin, Aaron Hines & Dan Bryan
Winterguard/Flow Like Water CUT.mp3
Winterguard/Varsity Guard 2012 Black Widow 2.mp3
Photos and video courtesy of Rose & Allen Childress
Original images available at: