Our organization is creating a custom cookbook featuring favorite recipes from our members. These cookbooks will be professionally published and are sure to be a treasured keepsake for us all. Money raised will go to the Dutchtown High School Color Guard.
Please submit your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our cookbook. Many recipes from all members will ensure that our cookbook is a success. We are using Morris Press Cookbook’s website to easily submit recipes online.
We anticipate a great demand for our cookbooks, and we want to be certain to order enough. Cookbooks will be a pre-sell item at a cost of $10 a book. Any extra books ordered will be sold at a slightly higher price. Please order enough cookbooks to take advantage of the lower price.
In order to meet our deadline, please submit your recipes by September 30, 2014. We are anticipating having the completed books by late November to take advantage of the Christmas season.
To Submit Recipes Online:
- Go to www.typensave.com and click “Login”
- Enter the User Name: griffincg
- Enter the password: dishes689 and click “Submit”
- Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes
Recipe Writing Tips:
- When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions
- Include container sizes, e.g. (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are not allowed unless a “Recipe Note” field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field.
Contact Lisa Carline with any questions.